Douglas R. Morrison Park is located behind the homes on the east side of the 1700 block of Park Avenue.
Douglas R. Morrison (1893-1975) lived at 1717 Park Avenue for 70 years. He cared for the park, located behind his house, for years and planted many of the trees there, including the flowering magnolia, the big oak, the apple tree and two lilacs.
There is a notion, not confirmed, that the little walled area could have been a cemetery for the Bolton Estate. The Park was dedicated to Douglas in 1976.