Memorial Players is pleased to announce auditions for the Christmas classic, A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens, adapted for the stage by Romulus Linney, co-directed by Rina Steinhauer and Darren McGregor and produced by Kristine Smets.
Auditions will be held on the following dates:
- Friday, June 9th, 6–9 pm
- Saturday, June 10th, 10 am–1 pm
- Sunday, June 11, 1–4 pm
Where: Memorial Episcopal Church, 1407 Bolton St, Baltimore, in the second-floor Parish Hall (entrance on W. Lafayette Street).
Callbacks (if needed) will be announced by email.
Who: We are looking to cast 25 to 30 people. All roles are open and unpaid. Actors of all ethnic and racial backgrounds are encouraged to audition. A list of characters is available here.
- Actors will be auditioned in half-hour blocks.
- Please sign up for an audition slot at SignUpGenius.Com. Please indicate if you have an interest in a specific role.
- Walk-ins are welcome, but come early.
- Actors interested in the role of Scrooge, Cratchit, Fred, Marley, Fezziwig, or one of the three Spirits should come prepared with a one- to two-minute monologue.
- Those auditioning for other roles are welcome to prepare a monologue, but it is not required.
- Auditions will consist of cold readings from the script.
- You will be given a projected rehearsal schedule to review.
Rehearsals will be held three times per week (Wednesday evening, Saturday morning, and Sunday afternoon) and will begin on September 6th. Please be prepared with dates of major conflicts during the rehearsal period.
Show dates are December 1–3 and 9–11 at Memorial Episcopal Church. Friday and Saturday performances are at 7:30 pm and Sunday performances at 3:30 pm.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.