It’s time to renew your Area 3 parking permits, as all current permits will expire on March 31.
Starting February 20, you may renew your permits online at the Parking Authority website. Permits and visitors’ passes are $20 each.
Residents who are new to the neighborhood must apply for permits in person. Find more information about residential parking permits here.
Permits can be retrieved either at the neighborhood’s community pick-up days at Memorial Episcopal Church (1406 Bolton Street—note different location this year due to renovations at Brown Memorial Episcopal Church) or at the Parking Authority.
All residents must present current documentation when picking up permits. These documents include your current Maryland Vehicle Registration with an Area 3 address, plus one of the following that shows an Area 3 address:
- Current driver’s license
- Proof of residency, such as a current lease signed by all parties that is not month-to-month.
- Proof of home ownership (settlement papers)
- Utility bill in your name that is at least 30 days old
- Official State ID card
If picking up permits on neighborhood pickup days:
- You must purchase your permits online at least three days before you plan to pick up. Permits must be ordered by March 21 for the March 24 pick-up date, and by March 28 for March 31 pick-up.
- Parking pass distribution will be on Saturday, March 24, 8 a.m.–12:30 p.m., and Saturday, March 31, 8 a.m.–1:30 p.m. at Memorial Episcopal Church. Enter the parish hall using the Lafayette Avenue side entrance.
- If your vehicle is registered out of state, you must register your vehicle in Maryland before being permitted to purchase a parking decal, unless you are a full-time student or a member of the military.
- Out-of-state students and military must purchase a Non-Resident Permit from the MVA and present it at pick-up for the decal to be released.
As in years past, you will also be able to renew your MRIA community membership at the same location on those two days. A big thanks to Memorial Episcopal Church for offering their space to us this year, and to Patsy Andrews, who has organized our convenient neighborhood pickup for many years.
You can also obtain your permits at the Parking Authority Office, 200 W. Lombard Street, Suite B, 21201. Office hours are 8 a.m.–5 p.m., Monday through Friday. The office also will be open on Saturday, March 17 from 9 am–1 p.m., and open late on Tuesday, March 27, until 8 pm. TIP: you can park for free at the Arena Garage (entrance at 99 S. Howard St.) with validation from the Parking Authority Office.
In addition to credit cards, the Parking Authority also accepts checks and money orders made out to the Director of Finance. Cash is not accepted.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Parking Authority at firstname.lastname@example.org or 443-573-2800, extensions 819 or 863. You may also contact your Area 3 representative, Patsy Andrews, by email at email@example.com.