The 2nd annual Arts in the Parks picnic concerts and F. Scott Fitzgerald Birthday, organized by the Bolton Hill Community Association Greening Committee, will be returning to the parks in the neighborhoods of Marble Hill, Madison Parks and Bolton Hill beginning in July.
Bolton Hill jazz trumpeter and recording artist Jimmy Wilson and guitarist Richard Marlow will kick off the series on Thursday, July 7, at 6:30 p.m. at F. Scott Fitzgerald Park on Bolton and Wilson streets. Thereafter the concerts will occur weekly each Thursday at 6:30 p.m. through Sept. 8. The final event at 6:30 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 24 marks the birth date 126 years earlier of writer F. Scott Fitzgerald in the park that bears his name.
The Arts in the Parks program has been organized to help neighbors discover nearby parks and to meet their neighbors while enjoying the music of Baltimore artists. The program in 2022 has added three additional concerts to the schedule. All the concerts are free.
The music lineup includes:
- July 7 Jimmy Wilson & Ricardo Marlow, F. Scott Fitzgerald Park
- July 14 Todd Marcus Quartet, Sumpter Park
- July 21 Seth Kibel, John Street Park
- July 28 Ken & Brad Kolodner, Rutter’s Mill Park
- August 2 Ray Winder Rozen, Ridgley Park
- August 11 Charm City Junction, Sumpter Park
- August 18 Brandon Woody, Lena K. Lee Park
- August 25 Abu the Flute-maker, Mounds Park
- August 31 Triple Threat Brass, Maple Leaf Park
- September 8 Craig Alston Syndicate Rozen, Ridgley Park
- September 24 F. Scott Fitzgerald Birthday, F. Scott Fitzgerald Park
Members of the BHCA Greening Committee, who are stewards of the neighborhood’s parks, include Jean Lee Cole, John Murphy, Henri Daniels, Bonnie Legro, Fritz and Thecla Meyer, Doug Kelso, Ben McNutt, Linda and Tom Stirling, Brian Causey, Christian Roth, Teresa Smith, Christine Lambert Pentino, Debbie Healy, Henry Patino, Mary Bianchi, Gareth Morgan, Steven Skerritt-Davis, Jean Marie Adrian, Camille Mihalic, Thelma Harrington, Chris Kingsley, Greg Baranoski, Lee Tawney, Steve Howard, Dena Fisher, Stephen Hanley, Albert di Vittorio, Nicholas Cohen, Gary Schilling, Chris Ryder, David Nyweide, Mario Blackwell, Claudia Sennett, Chris Mirkowyich, Leigh Hibler, Michele Ward, Charleye Dyer, Mary Anne Wylie, Grey Maggiano, Dick Williams, Dan Gilbert, Susan Van Buren, George Lavdas, John Leith-Tetrault, Curtis Ritz and Earl Johnson.
– Doug Kelso and Lee Tawney