One of the great advantages to commuting on the train is the ability to relax and surf the web while travelling—something that those driving on the highway can’t (or shouldn’t) do.
Recently on the train, was connecting my laptop to the bluetooth wireless internet network on my iPhone when the long list of available wireless networks caught my eye. It occurred to me that they must belong to other tech-savvy train commuters. A funny, clever bunch, as it turns out. Here are some of my favorite network names:
- Snakes on a Train
- Clinton Email Server
- The Evil League of Evil (Yikes!)
- Godblessyou (Awww…)
- Lemur princess’ Karma (I don’t get this one, but OK!)
- Kawaii (How cute!)
And to those commuters that own the following network names, I know you’re not as boring as your Wi-Fi names!
- Mike’s iPhone
- Jennifer Personal
How to join the ranks of the funny, clever commuters? You don’t need a computer science degree to do change the name of your Wi-Fi hotspot. You can do it right on your phone.
How to change your Wi-Fi name on your iPhone:
- Tap the Settings icon on your device’s home screen.
- Tap General from within Settings.
- Tap About.
- Tap the Name tab.
- Tap the small X next to your device’s current name to remove it.
- Type a new name for your iPhone in the input field.
- Tap Done on the onscreen keyboard when you are finished.
How to change your Wi-Fi name on your Android:
- Open Settings on your phone.
- Scroll to About and tap on it.
- On the next screen, tap on Device Name, type the desired name for your device in the text field.
- Select OK.
You can also do it from your laptop. Here’s a great tutorial with step by step instructions for both PC and Mac.
So go on, fellow commuters, live a little! Change it up! Change your WiFi name and make your commute just a little more fun!